New Email Scam
I’ve warned about email scams (like this one) before, but the form they take is constantly changing. One of the newer ones going around right now looks like the below email. It purports that it’s from Southwest Airlines, but if you receive it, or something similar, don’t click the links or reply. Just delete it, as it’s surely a phishing scam loaded with malware and diseases.
From: “Southwest Airlines Survey” <???>
Date: August 5, 2014 at 12:12:24 PM PDT
Subject: You-have just-earned a Southwest-Airlines GiftCard! Fill Out our Survey.
August 5th, 2014
Notification # 7842913.
Greetings [your email],
Congratulations! You have just been chosen to fill out a survey on SOUTHWEST_COM and to show
you our appreciation with a $25 GiftCard.
Redeem-Voucher Here: (LINK)
Question 1 of 4:
Where do you visit SOUTHWEST from?
a) At Your-Work
b) At Your-Home (Visit-Here: LINK)
Go here now and learn the next question: LINK
Tried this tip? Let me know in the comments!
Have your own tip? Email it to email@example.com!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 247!
Want even more travel tips? Subscribe to the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! All you have to do is sign up for the weekly newsletter by filling in your email address and checking the Daily Travel Tip box in the top-right corner of the homepage.
If you already subscribe to the newsletter, fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box in the same top-right corner of the homepage and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day. And don’t worry—it’s easier than it sounds!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.