Better Laundry Tips
I don’t know many people that like doing laundry—especially after a big trip. Fortunately, there are ways to keep your travel clothes looking their best with minimal effort. Here are some great laundry secrets and shortcuts compiled by Downy Ball. These tips include:
- Buy a sneaker dryer bag to eliminate the loud banging from your shoes.
- To prevent color fading, toss your clothes in the wash with a teaspoon of salt for a brighter look.
- Wash dark clothes inside out to keep them from fading. The detergent won’t drain the color and this easy trick will keep favorite shirts and pants looking newer longer.
- Save time, energy and money by throwing a dry towel into the dryer with wet laundry—this will reduce moisture in the machine and speed up the drying process.
- Remove underarm stains with a homemade recipe instead of bleach or stain sticks. Mix Dawn dishwashing liquid, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to create a scrub that gets stunning results.
- Remove grease stains with a piece of chalk. Even if you have already washed a garment hoping soap and water would do the trick, that stain isn’t a permanent part of your wardrobe and chalk can still save the day.
Tried this tip? Let me know in the comments!
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 619!
Want even more travel tips? Subscribe to the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! All you have to do is sign up for the weekly newsletter by filling in your email address and checking the Daily Travel Tip box in the top-right corner of the homepage.
If you already subscribe to the newsletter, fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box in the same top-right corner of the homepage and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day. And don’t worry—it’s easier than it sounds!
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.