How to Order Airport Food from the Plane
Here’s an app that I’m betting every frequent traveler will soon download. Grab (free on iOS and Android) makes airport food ordering easy. Users can view menus, gauge wait times, and place and pre-pay for orders all from their phones (whether in security or taxiing on the tarmac). Best of all, users can then skip the line to pick up an order from a separate to-go counter—which is almost the perfect food solution for those running to catch a flight or make a connection (in my opinion, the perfect solution would be delivering the food to the plane).
Currently, Grab offers mobile ordering in ten US airports (see below), so if you’re traveling to/from/through one of them, give it a try. And if you do try it, make sure to use our Johnny Jet promo code below!
Johnny Jet promo code for 20% off your first order: JOHNNYJET
Grab states that there are more airports to come, some as soon as next week. Below you’ll find the airports currently offering the service as of May 12, 2016:
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
- Boise Airport (BOI)
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BUF)
- Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW)
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
- Will Rogers World Airport (OKC)
- Richmond International Airport (RIC)
Good to know: There’s also a 10% discount for airline employees with a current ID badge.
This tip was once a popular Travel App of the Week post.
Tried this tip? Let me know in the comments!
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 677!
Want even more travel tips? Subscribe to the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! All you have to do is sign up for the weekly newsletter by filling in your email address and checking the Daily Travel Tip box in the top-right corner of the homepage.
If you already subscribe to the newsletter, fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box in the same top-right corner of the homepage and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day. And don’t worry—it’s easier than it sounds!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.