Traveling on United during Their Computer Glitch
Hopefully you aren’t traveling on United Airlines today (or possibly even tomorrow) since they’ve had another computer glitch, which has grounded ALL flights worldwide. It’s United’s third computer glitch in the past 18 months (today, June 2 and February 18 of 2014). United has been having some serious issues lately but that’s a whole other story. There’s no doubt today’s computer glitch will have a ripple effect on flights so expect delays.
If you’re traveling on United Airlines today or tomorrow, here’s what I suggest:
- Check your flight status on United.com
- Sign up for their flight notifications
- I wouldn’t bother calling their reservations (1-800-864-8331) since hold times will be crazy. Hopefully, you booked through a travel agent who can do the dirty work for you. If you didn’t and think you might miss your connection, try services like CrankyConcierge.com ($150).
- Bring snacks and an empty water bottle to fill up (or buy one once through security)
- Make sure all of your electronic devices are fully charged
- Pack your patience
Tried this tip? Let me know in the comments!
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 457!
Want even more travel tips? Subscribe to the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! All you have to do is sign up for the weekly newsletter by filling in your email address and checking the Daily Travel Tip box in the top-right corner of the homepage.
If you already subscribe to the newsletter, fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box in the same top-right corner of the homepage and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day. And don’t worry—it’s easier than it sounds!