Turkish Airlines Status Match
My buddy Dan Nainan just took advantage of an unofficial status match program offered by Turkish Airlines. It’s a great program if you’re eligible, and to be eligible, all you need is:
- A frequent flier status card at the Star Alliance Gold level equivalent (50,000 miles) with another Star Alliance carrier or a Oneworld or Skyteam carrier.
- A screenshot/PDF print of your online account summary with the other program.
- A Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles account in the same name of your competitor account.
If you’re approved, you’ll obtain Star Alliance Gold status (for two years) for no extra cost, which means, among other things, free access to Turkish lounges, United Airlines lounges domestically and more. Natalie and I both have it, and Natalie is even able to use hers to gain access to Air Canada’s lounges. Here’s how the status match program works, courtesy of Canadian travel blog Don’t Call the Airline (and later, Mighty Travels). It’s worth noting that you may need to have activity in your account from the past two months, but in any case, if you hold status at the 50,000-mile level, make sure to give it a look!
Want even more travel tips? Subscribe to the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! All you have to do is sign up for the weekly newsletter by filling in your email address and checking the Daily Travel Tip box in the top-right corner of the homepage.
If you already subscribe to the newsletter, fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box in the same top-right corner of the homepage and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day. And don’t worry—it’s easier than it sounds!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.