When to Book a Flight to Vegas
Maybe you’ve been many times (like I have), or maybe it’s on your list of places to visit. In any case, there’s no place quite like Las Vegas.
Our friends at Vegas.com recently released a really helpful tool to look over next time you’re thinking about a trip to Vegas. Using booking data from 2014 and 2015, the team uncovered patterns in booking behavior all across the country—which ultimately helps reveal when the best times to book Vegas airfare are depending on where you live (see below). Among the findings:
- California — Best to book your flight to Vegas more than six weeks in advance
- Pacific West region (Alaska, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington) — Best to book your flight to Vegas eight to nine weeks in advance
- Mountain West region (Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Wyoming, Utah) — Best to book your flight to Vegas at least three weeks in advance
- West South Central region (Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas) — Best to book your flight to Vegas seven to nine weeks in advance
- East South Central region (Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee) — Best to book your flight to Vegas eight to ten weeks in advance.
- South Atlantic region (Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia) — Best to book your flight to Vegas at least six weeks in advance to take advantage of the best airline rates
- West North Central region (Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota) — Best to book your flight to Vegas seven weeks in advance to take advantage of the best airline rates
- East North Central region (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin) — Best to book your flight to Vegas at least four weeks in advance
- Mid Atlantic region (New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania) — Best time to book your flight to Vegas is four to seven weeks in advance
- New England region (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont) — Best time to book your flight to Vegas is ten to twelve weeks in advance
It’s all (and more) in the map above, which you can see enlarged here.
Tried this tip? Let me know in the comments!
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 686!
Want even more travel tips? Subscribe to the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! All you have to do is sign up for the weekly newsletter by filling in your email address and checking the Daily Travel Tip box in the top-right corner of the homepage.
If you already subscribe to the newsletter, fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box in the same top-right corner of the homepage and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day. And don’t worry—it’s easier than it sounds!
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.