On Wednesday, in the midst of the recent Ebola panic, a passenger on US Airways Flight 850 from Philadelphia to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, made an off-hand comment about possibly having Ebola. Specifics are unclear, but first-hand accounts suggest the man, who had been coughing during the flight, mentioned the virus and having “been to Africa” after sneezing.
He appears to have been joking, but nonetheless: Upon landing in Punta Cana, the plane was boarded by a four-person hazmat team, who escorted the man of the plane. Apparently, the procedure kept all the other passengers on the plane for an extra two hours. One of many passenger-shot videos of the incident is above.
For more on Ebola, and how to react to it, check out:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.