JetBlue and CocaCola just released a hidden camera experiment that they set up in New York’s Penn Station. They placed a Coke vending machine in the middle of the station but instead of it giving out just one bottle of soda, it gave two. The object was to see if busy New Yorkers/travelers would share their extra Coke or keep it for themselves.
In one day, the machine garnered more than 150 unique transactions and JetBlue and Coca-Cola were there to see what happened next. They said they couldn’t follow everyone but approximately 70 percent of shares were between an individual and a stranger.
The most common reason for sharing? “I got two and only needed one, why wouldn’t I share it?”
Consumers who shared on the spot also earned a surprise reward of roundtrip travel certificates delivered by JetBlue crewmembers.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.