JetBlue and CocaCola just released a hidden camera experiment that they set up in New York’s Penn Station. They placed a Coke vending machine in the middle of the station but instead of it giving out just one bottle of soda, it gave two. The object was to see if busy New Yorkers/travelers would share their extra Coke or keep it for themselves.
In one day, the machine garnered more than 150 unique transactions and JetBlue and Coca-Cola were there to see what happened next. They said they couldn’t follow everyone but approximately 70 percent of shares were between an individual and a stranger.
The most common reason for sharing? “I got two and only needed one, why wouldn’t I share it?”
Consumers who shared on the spot also earned a surprise reward of roundtrip travel certificates delivered by JetBlue crewmembers.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.