Cruising, especially river cruising, is all the rage right now (I’ve been on two: with Viking for a tour of the European Christmas Markets and with Scenic Cruises for a summer European cruise). I loved them both equally. But a lot of people, including me, sometimes want something a little bit more unique.
Well, this BBC piece introduces a whole new type of cruising to most travelers: cargo ship travel. I’ve actually been on one of the examples featured in the story—Hurtigruten in Norway—and loved it even though it’s completely different than ocean and river cruising. I also sent contributor Jerome Shaw to French Polynesia to go on the Aranui 3.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.