I don’t know about you, but I was very skeptical of this year’s Olympic Games in Rio. As the eight-minute BBC video above captures elegantly, Brazil had a lot of problems, especially with the raised Zika virus threat. I thought for sure they were either going to be postponed, moved or canceled but I’m glad I was wrong. Despite NBC’s delayed, commercial-filled coverage, I still found myself stuck to the TV (or computer) watching the games. I watched everything from basketball to water polo and was in awe of the athletes—especially Michael Phelps, Simone Biles, Katie Ledecky, Kim Hill, Usain Bolt, and Neymar.
This BBC review of the 2016 Summer Olympics is spot-on and does a much better job recapping the games than the competition.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.