Last week my wife and I spoke at the annual Ritz-Carlton east coast meeting at the Ritz-Carlton, South Beach. Just before we took the stage, the hotel’s PR department shared a video that put a lump the size of a grapefruit in my throat. I featured one of British Airways’ videos when the Visit Mum series came out but sadly I missed this one, which is by far the most emotional. The point of Ritz-Carlton sharing it was to try to get their employees to start thinking about ways to connect their guests with their hotel properties without the usual sales and marketing methods. British Airways no doubt hit a home run with this video, and it’s well worth the time to watch it.
And hopefully, it will inspire you to go visit your mum! Sadly, my mom passed away 15 years ago (here’s my eulogy) and there’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think and pray for her. If my mum was alive you can be sure I’d go visit her as often as I could because she was the best.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.