Last week my wife and I spoke at the annual Ritz-Carlton east coast meeting at the Ritz-Carlton, South Beach. Just before we took the stage, the hotel’s PR department shared a video that put a lump the size of a grapefruit in my throat. I featured one of British Airways’ videos when the Visit Mum series came out but sadly I missed this one, which is by far the most emotional. The point of Ritz-Carlton sharing it was to try to get their employees to start thinking about ways to connect their guests with their hotel properties without the usual sales and marketing methods. British Airways no doubt hit a home run with this video, and it’s well worth the time to watch it.
And hopefully, it will inspire you to go visit your mum! Sadly, my mom passed away 15 years ago (here’s my eulogy) and there’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think and pray for her. If my mum was alive you can be sure I’d go visit her as often as I could because she was the best.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.