NYC Changes Parking Signs Then Issues Tickets
Have you ever gotten a parking ticket and sworn that the sign stated it was legal to park when you pulled up? But when you arrived back, it said the opposite and you felt like you were losing your marbles? Thanks to a security camera and some crack news reporting by CBS News 2 in New York, they discovered cars parked along one side of the street that were initially parked legally when the video begins. But in the span of a short period, a city employee comes in and installs a new ‘No Standing Anytime’ sign and within 25 minutes, a parking enforcement officer issues $115 tickets. Sounds like a racket, eh? According to Consumerist.com, when CBS 2 contacted the New York City Department of Transportation, a representative simply said that “any motorist who believes they received a ticket in error can contest it through the Department of Finance, which adjudicates violations.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.