Whenever I tell people that one of my favorite airports in the U.S. is LAX, they look at me like I’m crazy. The real reason is that I live so close to it and I know it inside and out. But thanks to the new $1.9-billion Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT), which opened last week, people won’t give me a double-take anymore.
Thanks to this time-lapse video, you can watch the entire construction process from beginning to end in less than four minutes.
P.S. As you can probably tell from the video the exterior is designed to look like an ocean wave. The terminal has 18 gates including eight to accommodate the A380. Check out contributor Cynthia Cunniff’s piece on the new Tom Bradley Terminal here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.