Viking is one of the most beautiful places on earth in terms of natural beauty—but if you need another reason to go, just watch the video above. After their amazing performance in Euro 2016, the world became mesmerized by their now famous “Viking clap.” Throughout the tournament, it was special to see, but when the team returned home after finally being eliminated and were greeted by more than 30,000 people (10% of Iceland’s population) and did the Viking clap all together one last time, it was magical.
Iceland is hot right not just because of their soccer team but also because of the low fares being offered by new budget airline WOW air. WOW has been offering fares as low as $99 from the US from the east and west coasts. In fact, one of our writers recently did a trip with them (here’s her experience). Even since before WOW air, Icelandair has been offering affordable fares to Europe and free stopovers in their home country for decades.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.