I bet you remember when you heard about the “Miracle on the Hudson.” On January 15, 2009, I was watching the news at my sister’s house in south Florida. Katie Couric was delivering the news about US Airways Flight 1549, and it sent shivers down my spine. It was then when I really realized the value of Twitter. On the news, they were reporting that they didn’t know if anyone survived, but Twitter—as it is in every major news event—was one step ahead, revealing that everyone survived. Captain Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger and the crew became instant heroes, and now there’s a movie about the whole thing called Sully. It stars Tom Hanks and will most likely be a big hit when it debuts on September 9. Above (and here) is the trailer.
Will you see the movie?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.