I bet you remember when you heard about the “Miracle on the Hudson.” On January 15, 2009, I was watching the news at my sister’s house in south Florida. Katie Couric was delivering the news about US Airways Flight 1549, and it sent shivers down my spine. It was then when I really realized the value of Twitter. On the news, they were reporting that they didn’t know if anyone survived, but Twitter—as it is in every major news event—was one step ahead, revealing that everyone survived. Captain Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger and the crew became instant heroes, and now there’s a movie about the whole thing called Sully. It stars Tom Hanks and will most likely be a big hit when it debuts on September 9. Above (and here) is the trailer.
Will you see the movie?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.