It’s no secret that selfies are a part of American life these days. We’ve even written a post on the best selfie sticks to try. But in Asia, they—both selfies and selfie sticks—are even more popular, and as a result, Tourism Australia is targeted a new selfie-centered campaign at Japanese tourists. It’s called GIGA Selfie, and it’s “the world’s biggest selfie service.”
It’s really cool no matter where you’re from. As Skift reports, Tourism Australia is setting up high-powered cameras at popular and beautiful spots around the country. By downloading and checking in on an app, users can locate the camera up to 1000 feet away and click for a far-away selfie—and the result will include a selfie that can be zoomed out in high definition to include the entire, postcard-like landscape. The first camera will be set up in September at Australia’s Gold Coast, with more to follow.
What do you think? Where would you like to take a giant-sized selfie?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.