Thanks to my buddy Ben (aka Lucky) over at OneMileAtATime for turning me onto this funny video from Comedy Central’s Key & Peele. BTW: Did you see Ben featured in this week’s Rolling Stone? Pretty cool, eh?
When I fly I rarely get up to use the lavatory while the seatbelt sign is illuminated. However, occasionally I will, if I really have to go and I I determine that: The pilot forgot to turn the sign off, the air has been smooth for a while, and the flight attendants are walking around the cabin and not gripping onto the overhead bin. I’ll sometimes even ask a passing flight attendant if it’s safe to quickly use the loo, and almost always, they’ll say yes. However, with some airlines like British Airways I know not to get up because their flight attendants are strict when it comes to passenger safety.
That’s one thing. Then, there’s that oblivious, selfish passenger like the one in the video who seems to only get up to use the loo right after the captain gets on the PA and tells everyone to take their seats—including the flight attendants—because of rough air. Maybe it’s because I used to date a flight attendant and have heard horror stories, but I don’t think many passengers realize how dangerous it can be to be up when there’s turbulence—not only for themselves but for their fellow passengers, as well.
Check out the video and let me know what you think!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.