Thanks to my buddy Ben (aka Lucky) over at OneMileAtATime for turning me onto this funny video from Comedy Central’s Key & Peele. BTW: Did you see Ben featured in this week’s Rolling Stone? Pretty cool, eh?
When I fly I rarely get up to use the lavatory while the seatbelt sign is illuminated. However, occasionally I will, if I really have to go and I I determine that: The pilot forgot to turn the sign off, the air has been smooth for a while, and the flight attendants are walking around the cabin and not gripping onto the overhead bin. I’ll sometimes even ask a passing flight attendant if it’s safe to quickly use the loo, and almost always, they’ll say yes. However, with some airlines like British Airways I know not to get up because their flight attendants are strict when it comes to passenger safety.
That’s one thing. Then, there’s that oblivious, selfish passenger like the one in the video who seems to only get up to use the loo right after the captain gets on the PA and tells everyone to take their seats—including the flight attendants—because of rough air. Maybe it’s because I used to date a flight attendant and have heard horror stories, but I don’t think many passengers realize how dangerous it can be to be up when there’s turbulence—not only for themselves but for their fellow passengers, as well.
Check out the video and let me know what you think!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.