Accomable is a great website that helps people with mobility difficulties find accessible properties around the world. Co-founders Srin Madipalli and Martyn Sibley have known each other since childhood and met through a support group for children with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA), something they both have in common.
Through work with tourist boards in the UK and abroad, and with a shared adventurous nature, Martyn and Srin have traveled all over the world and experienced some bumps along the road. This is where the idea for Accomable came from. Wouldn’t it be so much easier if all disabled-accessible properties were listed in one place, with detailed access information about each property, locality and services available?
Accomable features a mixture of hotels and Airbnb rentals and disabled-friendly accommodation of all kinds. You can find everything including yurts and accessible canal boats in north London. According to CN Traveler, “Every listing has to back up an access claim with pictures, and the site is also piloting a system where videos depicting access can be uploaded.”
It’s a great site for people who have mobility difficulties and want to travel. I also love the site’s mission “to enable anyone to go anywhere.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.