Most travelers hate checking bags. I don’t even have to pay to check since I have elite status on three major carriers (American, Delta and United) and their partners, and I really despise it. Even without baggage fees I rarely check a bag because doing so means I have to show up earlier, stand in line to check them, wait around at baggage claim which seems like an eternity, and then wrestle your way to the front if it ever even comes out. And if your bag doesn’t come out, you’re basically screwed for a day or two.
On top of all that, after you reclaim your checked bags and leave the airport, it’s much more difficult to get around on public transportation (which is much cheaper and usually quicker) than traveling bag-free.
So for those who just absolutely can’t travel with only carry-ons and don’t want to ship their bags ahead of time using FedEx, UPS or the USPS, here’s a great alternative: Bags VIP Luggage Delivery. They have contracts with a number of airlines and airports (250), which allows them to retrieve your checked luggage from baggage claim and then deliver it to a destination (within 40 miles then it’s $1 per mile)of your choice within four hours. And their fees aren’t outrageous either. One (1) bag costs $29.95, two (2) bags is $39.95 and 3-8 bags is just $49.95.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.