Everyone is always asking me when the best time to buy plane tickets is. I always send them my post 17 Ways to Find Cheap Flights, which is full of great tips and tricks, but I’m going to have to add one more item to the post as CheapAir.com just came out with a handy tool entitled “When to Buy Flights.” What this tool does is take data from 8,000+ popular markets and over 1.3 billion airfares to find patterns. The result is information that helps you find the best times to buy flights on specific routes.
For example, I put in Los Angeles to New York’s JFK and it told me the average price consumers paid in 2015 was $483 and that the best time to buy this route is between 23 and 92 days in advance. What I also like is that it shows the average high and low prices and includes info on the cheapest roundtrip booked ($73) as well as the most anyone paid was ($6,865).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.