If you’re the type of traveler that likes to stay informed, we have the website for you. But, let’s be frank, ExpertFlyer.com is not for the occasional flier. Instead, it’s for the traveler that wants to track upgrade and award seat space otherwise not publicly available without calling the airline, monitor flight loads, and learn more about flight delay and operational statistics. Or, shall we say, an informed flight geek!
The multifunctional ability of the site, which costs $99 per year, is expansive. You can pay monthly ($4.99 for basic service or $9.99 for unlimited Premium service) or use some of the site’s free features to try it out.
An especially unique feature is the seat alert function for those that prefer certain seats on a plane. Enter your preferred seat (bulkhead, exit row, window) and an alert will let you know when that seat becomes available to reserve. Other features include airline timetables, real-time seat maps, visa requirements, and detailed fare information and rules.
For those interested in even deeper knowledge about a flight, ExpertFlyer goes into the exact details of a delay, the number of seats within a specific fare class, and the chance to monitor overall flight loads (helpful if you want to change to a different flight or volunteer a seat on oversold flights).
It should be noted that not all airlines’ data is accessible on ExpertFlyer. Just take a peek at the site’s participating airlines before signing up to make sure the site works for you.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.