Not too many people want to pay for information these days—especially in the travel field. However, there’s one newsletter I know of that has no problem finding subscribers. It’s Matthew Bennet’s First Class Flyer. The reason it’s so popular is that the deals he finds easily offset the membership fee. A yearly subscription starts at $97, but you can try it out for free for 14 days (Full disclosure: Matt gives me mine for free and has for the last 16+ years.)
I met Matt at a travel conference back in 2000 when we were both getting started. He’s a great guy, and a big guy. I was interested to know how he got started, and it turns out that he used to be a minor league baseball player in the KC Royals system, and since he didn’t really fit all that comfortably in a coach seat, he had to learn ways to fly up front on the cheap. He obviously mastered it and has successfully been charging for his knowledge (over 130,000 subscribers) ever since. As Matt says, “Flying up front is not about how much money you make, it’s about how much you make of the airline system”—as you can learn by logging on to FirstClassFlyer.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.