FlightCar.com is a brilliant rental car concept that just launched Friday at San Francisco International Airport (SFO). Travelers need to know about this site since it could save them a ton of money and maybe even make them some (in gas credits). FlightCar lets people parking at the airport rent their vehicles out to other travelers. Every rental is insured up to $1 million, and every renter is pre-screened. Depending on the size and model year of the vehicle, you’ll also make up to $10/day in gas credits.
Here’s how it works: For those that own their car, they list it on FlightCar.com for free and they will be notified via email if it’s rented by an approved traveler. No matter what, you’re guaranteed free parking for your trip. Then on your departure day you give them a call 10-15 minutes before you reach the airport so a FlightCar team member can greet you and pick up your car close to your terminal. When you return you call them and a FlightCar team member will valet your vehicle right to the airport. You don’t have to take a shuttle, and they will give you a free gas card.
For those that are renting, search FlightCar to find a vehicle you’d like to rent, enter your driver information and you’re ready to go. On arrival day, give them a call when you land and they’ll bring the rental car right to you! When the rental period is over, give them a call and they will let you know where to meet them at the airport.
The savings can be significant. During a search for a three-day rental later this week, the site offered a 2008 Toyota Camry for $28 per day ($84 total, including tax). Comparatively sized cars from the major rental car companies ranged from $35.70 per day ($155 total) to $107 per day ($426 total).
Almost sounds too good to be true! But it’s not. Instead it’s a win-win for everyone involved.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.