With Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner, a lot of travelers are trying to decide whether they should fly or drive to Grandma’s house. The Fly or Drive Calculator by Befrugal.com—available above—can help (in the continental United States only)! Here’s how it works:
Users need to input their starting point and destination by either typing in the cities or zip codes.
Next, Fly or Drive will ask for the dates and number of travelers and whether your journey is one-way or roundtrip. The next page asks what vehicle you’ll be driving, how many hours you want to drive daily, your expected hotel cost per night, and how much tolls will be.
More questions: What are your starting and destination airports? How much time do you need to check-in at the airport? How much time do you need at the airport, after landing?
Page four wants to know your “Transportation between starting address and MDW,” “Transportation between and destination address,” “Estimated Plane Ticket Price,” “Checked Bag Fees,” and “Transportation while at Destination.”
The last page has the results with a breakdown of costs, time, miles and even your CO2 impact!
Try it above, or on this page (keep in mind that this calculator does not currently support battery electric, hydrogen or compressed natural gas vehicles).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.