FlyerMiler is an incredibly useful tool for travelers trying to find the best mileage deal between two cities. Just input your cities by entering the 3-letter airport codes or the name of the cities, and the tool will show you the results. For example, I just put in LAX (Los Angeles) and LHR (London) and it brought up dozens of options from the likes of Air Berlin, United Airlines and more. It ranks flights from cheapest to most expensive but you can also sort by class of service, airline and more.
Users can’t book awards directly through the site, and it apparently doesn’t list every airline as Delta and Virgin Atlantic were missing (Delta was probably missing since it no longer publishes an award chart). Still, a helpful tool!
FYI: The cheapest way to get from LA to London with miles is by using Alaska Airlines’ Mileage Plan in the offseason on an American Airlines flight—only 20,000 miles (one-way) with no fuel surcharge. In the high season (May 16-Oct 14), Alaska charges 30,000.
H/T to Ramsey Qubein.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.