Thanks to my colleague and Twitter chat co-host Chris McGinnis for turning me onto this month-old website that “sniffs out and aggregates” all of the bargains out there and then posts them in one place (here’s Chris’ post). They search unpublished discounts rates—they could be AAA rates, coupons, mobile rates or senior rates—that you’d normally only find at paid membership clubs. Chris found that goSeek.com rates are lower on more than half the hotels you’d find on a typical metasearch site—with a savings of 20% or more.
The only problem is when booking through third-party sites like goSeek.com, you need to keep in mind that most hotels won’t give you miles/points or honor your elite status (if you have it), and canceling or changing the reservation might really be a hassle. My advice is this: Unless their rates were ridiculously low and I knew I was definitely going, I wouldn’t use them. And if I did, I’d look into getting travel insurance through a third party like Allianz Travel Insurance.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.