Looking for inexpensive places to stay, like hostels? Then check out the world’s largest hostels database, Hostelz—a site we’ve featured before that has only gotten better. Hostelz has 46,119 listings in 7,189 cities and is considered the Kayak search engine of hostels. You can compare prices from all the hostel booking websites at once.
When searching Hostelz, users can select a dorm bed or private room, as well as search by features like a bar, laundry, gym, AC, Wi-Fi, whether service animals are allowed, and much more. They can also search by neighborhood, ratings or dorm type (male, females or coed). I just search for hostels in New York City next weekend and found prices starting at $68, which is a bargain. Can’t tell you how clean the room would be, but it’s still a good deal.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.