One of my goals in life has always been to teach people my tricks to help them travel the world for cheap. One of the best tricks, besides signing up for a bunch of credit cards (here’s a list of the cards I recommend), is to scour message boards visited by frequent flier junkies who share their tips and deals (think mistake fares).
I used to only go to FlyerTalk (it’s free to register)—which I’ve written about many times—but I now visit the forums at Milepoint.com as well, which is also free and also really helpful. Of course, if you don’t have the time or desire to do this (since it can be painstaking), then you can always just sign up to a bunch of deals newsletters like the ones provided by Airfarewatchdog.com, TheFlightDeal.com and of course here at JohnnyJet.com!
(To subscribe to our Travel Deals newsletter, just input your email address and check ‘Travel Deals’ in the upper-right corner of the homepage. If you have to edit your preferences, you’ll get an email that will show you how.)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.