One of my goals in life has always been to teach people my tricks to help them travel the world for cheap. One of the best tricks, besides signing up for a bunch of credit cards (here’s a list of the cards I recommend), is to scour message boards visited by frequent flier junkies who share their tips and deals (think mistake fares).
I used to only go to FlyerTalk (it’s free to register)—which I’ve written about many times—but I now visit the forums at Milepoint.com as well, which is also free and also really helpful. Of course, if you don’t have the time or desire to do this (since it can be painstaking), then you can always just sign up to a bunch of deals newsletters like the ones provided by Airfarewatchdog.com, TheFlightDeal.com and of course here at JohnnyJet.com!
(To subscribe to our Travel Deals newsletter, just input your email address and check ‘Travel Deals’ in the upper-right corner of the homepage. If you have to edit your preferences, you’ll get an email that will show you how.)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.