Believe it or not, I have some friends that actually like turbulence when they fly. I’m not one of them, although over the years I’ve become a lot less nervous when my plane encounters it. I used to be afraid to fly, and they say turbulence is the most common fear associated with the fear of flying.
No matter your feelings on turbulence, MyFlightForecast.com’s Turbulence Forecast is a really cool tool. It not only defines what turbulence is, but also shows you where turbulence has been reported on a map. The green arrow means light, orange means moderate and red means severe. It also has clickable turbulence reports (blue circle with a line through it) that show where pilots have reported turbulence, the classification (light, moderate or severe), and the altitude and type of plane from which the turbulence was reported.
BTW: According to the site: “Turbulence can be caused by a number of things, differential in surface temperatures causing a rising of air, the Jetstream, Weather Fronts, Thunderstorms or even other planes! What you need to understand is, turbulence is a very normal phenomenon, and it would be more uncommon for you to not have any turbulence, as opposed to experiencing some. Common areas of Turbulence are: Mountains, larger bodies of water, coast lines, warmer climates and flying in proximity to the Jetstream.”
Good to know: The Johnny Jet Travel-Related Weather page lists all kinds of weather maps including turbulence forecasts.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.