When you’re into travel, you usually sign up for all kinds of promotions, websites and apps to help your travels go smoother. But did you know that many of them require access to your personal information? I bet you’d be surprised to find out how many sites/apps can access your inbox and contacts, know your location, and even post in your name.
Many apps make it difficult to find out that they’re accessing your information—and make it even more difficult to revoke their access. That’s where Israel-based entrepreneur Avi Charkham comes in. He created MyPermissions, a site and apps (Android & iOS) that does all the dirty work for you and it’s free. It takes two minutes to use to clean up your app permissions. It also offers monthly reminders to review your app permissions later down the road.
I just gave it a shot and learned that dozens of my apps had all kinds of access. With MyPermissions, you can even pick and choose which apps/sites you want to revoke access to.
H/T to Mashable.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.