With all of the hassles these days of checking bags and even carrying them on (did you see this week Frontier Airlines has joined Spirit and Allegiant in charging for carry-ons?), I can definitely see a rise in services like new startup Packnada. Unfortunately, Packnada is only valuable right now for frequent travelers to Singapore (if you travel to Singapore once every three months, says one of its founders) but I think those able to use it—and everyone, in theory—will love the idea of being able to travel with just their passport and the clothes on their back. It’s real, hassle-free travel.
Here’s how it works: Instead of packing for every trip, travelers can leave a set of clothes with Packnada after they first sign up. Then, every time they fly in, their essentials will be waiting at their hotel concierge so they can just pick them up when they check in. After their trip, they leave their clothes with the hotel concierge and fly home again luggage-free. Their clothes, meanwhile, are cleaned and stored to be ready for the next trip.
The service is a flat $99 per trip that covers everything from full-service laundry to storage of 20 items up to 3 to deliveries. There’s also a free trial for new users if you’d like to check it out before paying.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.