Passport Index is a website that collects, displays and ranks the passports of the world in an interactive tool. Users can find out every country’s passport by name, on a map, by the color of their cover, or by power rank. That’s right: This website ranks passports and they accumulate points for each country that their holders can visit without a visa or by obtaining a visa on-arrival. The higher the visa-free score, the better the passport power rank.
The country list is composed of the 193 United Nation-member countries and six territories (Macao, Kosovo, etc.) for a total of 199. Territories annexed to other countries such as Norfolk Island, French Polynesia, etc. are excluded. Data is based on research from publicly available sources, as well as information shared by government agencies.
The United States and the United Kingdom scored the highest with 147. That’s how many countries those passport-holders can visit using their passports without having to send them away to get a visa. In close second were France, Germany and South Korea at 145. See the complete listings here.
H/T to the Daily Mail.
Note: Want to renew your passport? Need an international visa? We recommend Allied Passport & Visa, where JohnnyJet.com readers get $5 off.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.