Poncho bills itself as “the world’s best personalized weather forecast”—and it might just be right. Every morning, they’ll send you weather reports tailored to your routine, delivered by email or text. Just log on their site (or app) to personalize your updates.
First, they want to know your zip code. Unfortunately, Poncho is currently limited to the New York, Massachusetts and New Jersey areas, but even outside that range, you can register your email to be alerted when they expand to your neighborhood.
They then ask:
- When do you usually wake up?
- Do you have pets that need to go out?
- Do you have pollen allergies?
- Wanna know how the day will affect your hair?
I put in a zip for NYC (10010) and it asked if needed alternate side parking information, which I thought was very cool. Then they asked how I commute (walk, bike, train or drive) and when I leave work.
After I inputted the time, it asked if I wanted a forecast every day when I leave work. Of course I did, and when I selected the option, it said, “Sign up and tell me where to send your forecast. (I swear to God I won’t spam you.)” I like their humor. Choices are email, text message or email & text.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.