Traveling and not sure if you’ll need to get a visa? Check out ProjectVisa.com, which “aim[s] to keep you up to date with visa and embassy information for all countries.” It all starts with the map on the homepage, on which you simply select the country you want to know about. On the next page, the site lays out the basic visa policies for that country (and not just for Americans) as well as a link to the sites of that country’s government’s official immigration guide and embassy. Lots of information, all in one place, though it’s important to note that the information on the site does not update in real-time. So—and thanks to reader Steve for bringing this up—make sure to check when the page for the country you’re viewing was updated. At the very least, ProjectVisa.com is a great place to start.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.