Have a job that allows you to work from anywhere and afraid or don’t want to travel alone? Check out Remote Year, which looks like a cool idea. Basically, when you sign up, you join other like-minded travelers in spending a month living and working in 12 different countries over a year. The 2016 year is launching in June and so they’re accepting applications now. It costs $27,000 for the entire year, with a $5,000 down-payment and $2,000/month for the first 11 months. You’ll spend your time living in these places:
- Valencia, Spain
- Lisbon, Portugal
- Rabat, Morocco
- Sofia, Bulgaria
- Istanbul, Turkey
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- To Be Determined
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- La Paz, Bolivia
- Córdoba, Argentina
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Santiago, Chile
Included in the pretty substantial cost is all travel between destinations, all accommodations during the entire year with your own room (hotels, apartments, dorms, bungalows, etc. depending on the city), a common workspace with internet that’s centrally located and open 24 hours, activities and events (such as community impact days, speakers, tours, and other trips), and more.
You don’t have to be American but you do need to know basic English. You can’t take any kids or pets with you. The 2015 year is still going on and they had 75 participants. You can follow along their travels here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.