It’s that time of year when the scammers and thieves come out of the woodwork. One of my friends just told me that the packages they ordered online were stolen from their doorstep just the other day. Luckily, they had a Ring Doorbell (see last week’s Travel Product of the Week) so they busted the bad guys. It turns out that the crooks were following the delivery trucks and then pouncing on the products once they were left.
Sadly, it’s not just packages that are getting stolen. It’s also people’s money, often taken from what appear to be legit businesses. To find out if a business or an offer is an illegal scheme or fraud, or simply to learn about what’s up in your area, check out the BBB (Better Business Bureau)’s Scam Tracker. They list the lowlifes in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. You can even list a company or scam to help them investigate and warn others.
H/T to Chris Elliott.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.