It’s that time of year when the scammers and thieves come out of the woodwork. One of my friends just told me that the packages they ordered online were stolen from their doorstep just the other day. Luckily, they had a Ring Doorbell (see last week’s Travel Product of the Week) so they busted the bad guys. It turns out that the crooks were following the delivery trucks and then pouncing on the products once they were left.
Sadly, it’s not just packages that are getting stolen. It’s also people’s money, often taken from what appear to be legit businesses. To find out if a business or an offer is an illegal scheme or fraud, or simply to learn about what’s up in your area, check out the BBB (Better Business Bureau)’s Scam Tracker. They list the lowlifes in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. You can even list a company or scam to help them investigate and warn others.
H/T to Chris Elliott.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.