Here’s a unique concept that travelers in Boston and New York (San Francisco coming soon) should definitely check out. Skedaddle pairs crowdsourced route demands with “luxurious bus rides to make affordable, direct, and comfortable travel available to all.”
According to the website (an app is coming soon), it doesn’t matter if you’re going to a concert or the beach, skiing, commuting, or from point A to point B; with Skedaddle, you can start and/or join a route to go anywhere.
Here’s how this flexible mass transportation network works: Anyone can create a route but in order for it to take off, it needs to get at least 15 riders to sign up. Each route follows the same pricing structure in which the first five riders pay $5, the next 10 get 10% off, and those after that pay the standard price. Prices vary by destination but it’s usually cheap. You can also set up a private bus for your friends/family, which is a perfect option for anyone going to the beach for the weekend, concerts, bachelor/bachelorette parties, etc. They currently offer 12-, 23-, 36-, and 55-passenger buses and they claim they only work with fully regulated bus companies and drivers. After you’ve reserved your seat at your given price, your credit card won’t get charged until 48 hours prior to departure. You can also cancel for free up until 48 hours prior to departure.
Search or explore all routes to find what you’re looking for. You can filter by date, category, or destination. There’s a bunch of routes on their site including a Fire Island-to-NYC trip on July 12. The first five seats are gone and the next 10 cost $22.50, which is a darn good deal.
FYI: Use promo code JOHNNY20 and get 20% off your first ride.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.