If you’re signed up my Daily Tavel Tip newsletter (you can sign up here), you already know about the importance of staying away from “free” Wi-Fi networks—especially when you’re traveling. As I wrote last week, it turns out there’s no shortage of lowlife hackers trying to trick eager tourists who want to share their photos and stay connected with loved ones. Setting up “free” Wi-Fi networks is one way these hackers can prey on trusting people.
These dangerous, rogue hotspots can be found in airports and at popular attractions like Times Square, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Vatican City, and thousands of other places around the world. In less than a minute, hackers can use them to take everything (password, emails, photos…) from your phone or laptop. So, you should use caution when logging on to free Wi-Fi—and for an idea of where these dangerous networks are, check out this real-time security threat map by Skycure.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.