Here’s a unique idea that budget travelers traveling between San Francisco and Los Angeles will love. The SleepBus is an overnight bus between LA and SF that made its maiden voyage on April 18th. It’s the brainchild of Tom Currier, a serial entrepreneur who started his first company at nine-years-old. The SleepBus uses the time you’d normally be sleeping to get you across California, without the hassle of airports or expensive last-minutes plane fares. The website says that fares are always $65, but right now they’re $48 each way.
The SleepBus is outfitted with twin beds, clean bathrooms, hangout space, and Wi-Fi. It picks up at AT&T Park in San Francisco at 11 pm, and arrives in LA at 5 or 6 am at Santa Monica Pier. It returns the same night at 11 pm from LA and arrives in SF at 5 or 6 am.
In three-to-six months they hope to have 10 buses and expand overnight travel to Tahoe, Las Vegas and San Diego.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.