Here’s a unique idea that budget travelers traveling between San Francisco and Los Angeles will love. The SleepBus is an overnight bus between LA and SF that made its maiden voyage on April 18th. It’s the brainchild of Tom Currier, a serial entrepreneur who started his first company at nine-years-old. The SleepBus uses the time you’d normally be sleeping to get you across California, without the hassle of airports or expensive last-minutes plane fares. The website says that fares are always $65, but right now they’re $48 each way.
The SleepBus is outfitted with twin beds, clean bathrooms, hangout space, and Wi-Fi. It picks up at AT&T Park in San Francisco at 11 pm, and arrives in LA at 5 or 6 am at Santa Monica Pier. It returns the same night at 11 pm from LA and arrives in SF at 5 or 6 am.
In three-to-six months they hope to have 10 buses and expand overnight travel to Tahoe, Las Vegas and San Diego.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.