I’m a big fan of TaxiFareFinder’s RideGuru, which tells you how much taxis and rideshares cost wherever you’re in need of a ride so you can compare. For example, the other day I needed to get my dad a ride from Manhattan Beach to San Pedro and a taxi was $65 for the 25-minute ride, while SideCar was only $21. I ended up getting him an uberX since it only cost $25 and I had a $20 credit for referring a friend (if you’ve never taken Uber or uberX before, you can get a $20 off your first ride by using the promo code “uberJohnnyJet”—and I will get $20 off my next ride).
What’s really great about RideGuru is that it gives you estimates of your taxi fare anywhere, anytime, in more than 1,000 international locations. And it’s capable of calculating potential fares for various rideshare services including local taxis, Uber, Lyft, and others available in the area. Just enter your pickup and dropoff locations, and you’re good to go. And if you don’t know the address, that’s okay as RideGuru supports town/city names, landmark or business names, zip code, and even latitude and longitude.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.