I was supposed to be in Cuba this week on the inaugural Fathom cruise to the country (check out our coverage of the ship and itinerary), which was the first cruise ship from the US in 50 years. Sadly, my wife and I had to pull out because she’s pregnant and we didn’t want to take a chance with the Zika virus.
If you’ve never been to Cuba and have all kinds of questions (my hand is raised, too), check out this helpful first-timer’s Cuba guide from Lonely Planet. Of course, they want you to buy their Cuba guide book (it’s free for Kindle users or $16.16 on Amazon) but on its own, this page provides all kinds of great info and it’s free. For example, did you know if you lose the tourist card they give you on arrival it will take at least a day for the card to be replaced? Or how about that Cuba is a cash society and they have two currencies? The Cuban peso is for locals only and the other convertible Cuban peso (or CUC) is for tourists. The CUC is around 25 times the price of the local peso so be sure to check your change as the notes look similar. I also learned that it’s best to take a common currency like the Euro into the country and exchange it once you land. Don’t take US dollars.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.