Watching my local news the other night, I saw a very helpful segment with consumer reporter Ric Romero about the best charities to donate to. I learned that this time of year, donations typically spike as people become more generous with their money, and I heard echoes of my own concerns with how different charities are spending their money. Well, Charity Navigator responds to those concerns.
Charity Navigator was founded in 2001 and has become the nation’s largest and most-utilized evaluator of charities. Their professional analysts have examined tens of thousands of non-profit financial documents and they use their knowledge to develop an unbiased, objective, numbers-based rating system. Over 7,000 of America’s best-known—and some lesser known, but worthy, charities—are listed. Only about one in four get a four-star star rating.
Give and be entered to win with Travelers Building Change
One of my colleagues runs Travelers Building Change, which is currently supporting Rhinos Without Borders to help raise funds for and awareness around the rhino poaching crisis in South Africa. They’re not listed on Charity Navigator, but they are giving away more than $30,000 worth of prizes to those who donate, including an African safari, a voyage in the Galapagos, a spa vacation in Nicaragua, a seven-night tropical stay in Barbados, premium accommodation packages all over Asia, and other travel swag like luggage, watches, brunch cruises, and gift certificates.
This is an incredible chance to help raise money and awareness for an extremely important cause and maybe win some unbelievable travel prizes at the same time!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.