Yes, a robot lawyer! DoNotPay is the work of a 19-year-old British programmer named Joshua Browder, and it’s an amazingly simple and community-serving project. Basically, it works to try to appeal parking tickets using an algorithm that identifies when you have a valid case for appeal. If that sounds interesting, there’s better news: The bot has, according to Business Insider, successfully appealed “160,000 of 250,000 parking tickets in both London and New York, giving it a 64% success rate.” And that’s just since launching in April!
So far, it seems to only be able to help people in London and New York, but based on the ambitions of Browder, there could be more robot help on the way. And while I haven’t used it to make sure, it looks as though the bot is designed to be able to help with more than just parking tickets—and possibly even flight delay/cancellation reimbursements. If you have the chance to try it out, let me know how it goes in the comments!
H/t to Business Insider.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.