I’m a big fan of ITA Software, which Google bought for almost a billion dollars back in 2011. Everyone thought it was going to be the end of the air search competition, but it obviously wasn’t. However, they ultimately used that ITA Software to make a very handy flight search—which is Google Flights.
Google Flights makes it easy to search over a certain period for the cheapest price. But by far my favorite function is the one that lets you expand the map on the right side to see practically every city in the world, and what the cheapest fare is that will take you there from your home airport. Zoom out to get the whole world, and then zoom in to a particular region to see the price (see screenshot above). What’s also cool is there is the “I’m Feeling Lucky” button, which just picks and searches a random city. At first I thought it always picked Vegas as the destination, but after a few clicks I learned that’s not the case.
Another cool feature allow you to search by airline alliance, which is important for those that collect miles (raising hand). The site takes some getting used to, and it doesn’t make it that easy to go back to the homepage, but it’s definitely one you want to add to your list when you’re searching flights. Do I think Google’s competitors are shaking in their boots? Nah.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.