This site is launching today (October 14), and it promises to change the way travelers squeeze savings out of every hotel stay, thanks to the connections, buying power and savvy of its parent company, GTI, one of the nation’s largest travel agencies.
The press release states that even on top of its deeply discounted room rates (“often more than 25% and up to 70% off of rates you can find on the internet”), Hotel Power’s big hook is that they’ve collaborated with the industry’s best providers globally to offer “lifestyle cash” ($50-$100 food credit daily), up to 20% on your bar tab and spa cash to make foot rubs and shorter treatments “free.”
In addition to access to the free booking site, members who join also get room category upgrades and a savior for late bookers, reserved inventory when town is sold out—with 400,000 hotel properties worldwide covering six continents.
Here’s an example of hotels rates shopped 10/6/2014-10/7/2014 for 11/11/2014-11/13/2014 check-in (Due to the nature of the travel industry, rates and percentages off are subject to change without notice):
- The Dupont Circle Hotel in Washington D.C. for $177 vs. internet best rate of $389.97 (25% off per night)
- The Four Seasons Hotel, Miami for $312.07 vs. $459 internet rate
- The Fairmont Kea Lani Maui for $329 vs. $462.48 public rate
- Conrad Hotel, New York for $509 vs. $669.30 best rate (24% off)
- Paris Marriott Champs-Elysees for $331.82 vs. $846.99 best rate (61% off)
The private membership side of Hotel Power (800-235-0316) which comes with lifestyle cash and benefits that save hundreds per trip is being unveiled with a $4.95 trial for 15 days ($49.99 annually) after the beta period ends December 1, 2014. During the beta period, travelers can book any property through 2015 in the Hotel Power system and receive all benefits without membership and save hundreds of dollars on every hotel stay going forward—with no booking fees, cancellation fees or loopholes.
Properties worldwide range from 3-, 4- and 5-star properties.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.