Pointimize helps users optimize their use of miles and points through a search engine connected to the biggest travel loyalty programs. Here’s how it works:
You sign up for free using your Facebook or Google credentials, set up your profile and enter your loyalty program numbers. The site uses a couple default settings, so just doublecheck them and you’ll be ready to search. You can then search for either hotels or flights by entering a destination and dates. The search tool will show you real-time hotel and flight availabilities and pricing with cash and points options—all on one screen, allowing you to compare the best deals.
You can also use Pointimize to manage your membership statuses and see perks via each search result.
The site supports nine of the most popular frequent flyer programs in North America, including:
- American Airlines (AAdvantage)
- United Airlines (MileagePlus)
- Alaska Air (Mileage Plan)
- Hawaiian Airlines (HawaiianMiles)
- Air Canada (Aeroplan)
- British Airways (Executive Club)
- Iberia Airlines (Iberia Plus)
- ANA (ANA Mileage Club)
- Virgin Atlantic (Flying Club)
Pointimize also shows the points for the following hotel rewards programs:
- Club Carlson Hotel Rewards
- Hilton HHonors
- Hyatt Gold Passport
- IHG Rewards Club
- Marriott Rewards
- Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG)
Although the site is still in its early stages, I did run a few hotel searches for rooms in Los Angeles at the end of the month. One of the best deals was actually available through point redeemed at the SLS Hotel Beverly Hills (only 20,000 SPG points per day) for August 26-28! That’s a great deal, and also a really nice boutique hotel for the same point value as a few of the economy range hotels during the same date range.
Have you tried Pointimize? Check out Pointimize and run a few searches of your own!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.