I like to think that I know a lot about travel, but I still struggle at times when it comes to tipping. In fact, one of the most popular questions I get is “how much do I tip when traveling to X country?” In some cultures it’s a huge no-no, while in others it’s expected. It can be hard to know what’s right if you haven’t spent time in the place you’re visiting.
Well, here’s a site that can help. TipThisMuch.in has information on tipping customs in over 50 countries, from Albania to Vietnam. What I like about it is that you can put the bill amount in, the percentage you want to tip and how many people (if any) will be splitting the bill, and it will spit out an amount. What’s funny is that the proprietors admit that they got the idea for this site after someone tweeted “someone should make something similar to umbrellatoday.com for international tipping practices #stealmyidea.” I’ve written about umbrellatoday.com and I love it, so I bet I’ll love this site too.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.