I’ve never used ToursByLocals myself, but one of my friends who did has been raving about their services. What this Vancouver-based website does is connect travelers with local tour guides—and connect tour guides with travelers to help them make extra money. You pay the website, and they pay the tour guide.
ToursByLocals has been around since 2008 and now, they offer 10,785 tours in 135 countries and have 1,688 guides. On the site, travelers can search for interesting tours and find out how other travelers rated them—and the guides. You can see their photos, read their bios and even communicate with them prior to booking a tour.
What’s cool is that pricing is based per-tour, not per-person, so if there are three or more people in your group, you’ll probably pay less than what you’d pay if you took a big bus tour. And because these are all private tours, you can go at your own pace.
What’s also appealing is that every tour is customizable, which means you can see the sights you want, try the food you crave, and learn about what interests you the most.
Again, I haven’t used them, but I’ve heard good things about them. Have you used ToursByLocals? If so, please share your experiences with them below!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.