Africa is really suffering right now, and not just west Africa. Unfortunately, most Americans don’t realize how big Africa is and in the midst of all the news about Ebola, many have canceled their trips, even to east and southern Africa. Africa is so large that it could fit both the United States and Europe inside it, with plenty of room left over. So to not to go to southern Africa because of disease in west Africa is like not traveling to Los Angeles because something is going on in New York. All to say Africa is still a great unknown to many people, and there’s a lot to be learned.
Well, here’s a guy (Francis Tapon) who last year started a four-year adventure that’s taking him across all 54 countries in Africa and documenting it. He doesn’t blog that often (but does at least monthly) but is calling his epic journey The Unseen Africa, which is unfolding, at least for now, on his site.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.